The agenda and council packet for Rawlins’ City Council Work Session and Regular Meeting on Tuesday, September 20th at 6:00 pm and 7:30 pm is available on BoardDocs at www.rawlinswy.gov/boarddocs. The public is encouraged to attend, send in comments beforehand, and/or watch the meeting remotely. Council work sessions and meetings are aired live on Channel 191 (Spectrum) and on YouTube at www.rawlinswy.gov/youtube. Council meetings are held in Council Chamber, City Hall, 521 W. Cedar Street.
Council items include:
- Work Session Presentation on Water Rate Study:
- Please note: The work session is a presentation and discussion with Council. The public hearing portion in the regular meeting is designated for public comment and questions that may not be addressed during the work session. For more details on the study, please visit www.rawlinswy.gov/rateinput
- Public Hearing AND Action to Amend Fees for Water Utility and Public Works (Water and Tap Fees)
- Public Hearing AND Second Reading of Ordinance to Amend Title 6.02 and 6.04 to clarify responsibilities and consequences associated with nuisance/vicious animals
- Third Reading of Ordinance to Amend Rawlins Municipal Code 10.54.030 to clarify registration display requirements
- Approve Final Payment for Replacement of Dangerous Retaining Wall
- Approve Award of Municipal Solid Waste Hauling for the City of Rawlins
- Proclamation Celebrating Continental Divide Trail Community Status
- Annual Report from the Carbon County Visitor’s Council
- Reports from Manager, Attorney, Staff, and Council
- Approve Minutes, Payroll, and Accounts Payable
- Executive Session per WY Statute 16-4-405(ii & ix)
To see all agenda items and documents, please visit http://rawlinswy.org/boarddocs and navigate to the agenda item. If you would prefer to review a hard copy, please stop by City Hall during regular hours or call 307-328-4500 ext. 1001.
We currently allow written comments to be provided beforehand, which will then be read into the record, which started as a response to COVID-19. If you cannot attend the City Council meeting and would like to comment, they must be emailed to email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday before the meeting at 4:00 pm. Please keep in mind that these are formal communications to the governing body and will be read into the record.
If you have concerns or questions regarding an item on the agenda, you are always welcome to reach out to the presenting staff members, council members (http://rawlinswy.org/178/City-Council), or Mira Miller, Community Relations Coordinator at 307-328-4500 ext. 1022.
Comments made on Facebook or other social media before or during the meetings are not an official way of communicating with the governing body. We do not consistently monitor Facebook comments on the live stream of the meeting, except to check on the sound levels or for other technical issues.
Rawlins City Council meetings are held every first and third Tuesday of each month at 7:30p. Work sessions are often held beforehand, typically at 6:00 pm.