The agenda and council packet for Rawlins’ City Council Rescheduled Work Session Meeting on Tuesday, June 14, 2022, at 6:30 pm and 7:30 pm is available on BoardDocs at http://rawlinswy.org/boarddocs. The public is encouraged to attend, send in comments beforehand, and/or watch the meeting remotely. Council work sessions and meetings are aired live on Channel 191 (Spectrum) and on YouTube. Council meetings are held in Council Chamber, City Hall, 521 W. Cedar Street.
Council items include:
- Work Session on Why Rawlins? Community Pride, Tourism, and Business Recruitment Theme
- Final Reading to Amend Title 15.24 – Adopting of 2021 International Building Codes
- Final Reading to Amend Title 15.12 – Required and exempted permits for Flatwork
- Final Reading to Amend Title 16 – Clarify Title 16 as regulating Manufactured Homes and not RV/Camping Parks
- Final Reading to Amend Title 19.23-28 – Mobile Home Lots, Accessory Buildings, and Rear Setbacks
- Agreement transferring federal funds to Pinedale Airport
- Approve K-9 Truck Replacement Bids
- Approve the FY22-23 Pay Plan which includes a 3% COLA, updated job descriptions, and adjustments from Pay Grade 7 to 10
- Ordinance – Amend the Recycling Monthly Utility Fixed Rate from $3.00 to $6.00
- Discussion of a Conditional Use Permit for a telecommunications facility approximately 5.5 miles west of Rawlins
- Discussion of a Conditional Use Permit for a tower and equipment near the Rawlins Water Tank west of US 287
- Appointments to Old Pen Joint Powers Board and Board of Adjustments
- Proclamation of National Parks and Recreation Month
- Reports on Raw Water Hydrant and Board Packets Access
- Reports from Manager, Attorney, and Council
- Approve Minutes, Payroll, and Accounts Payable
To see all agenda items and documents, please visit http://rawlinswy.org/boarddocs and navigate to the agenda item. If you would prefer to review a hard copy, please stop by City Hall during regular hours or call 307-328-4500 ext. 1001.
We currently allow written comments to be provided beforehand, which will then be read into the record, which started as a response to COVID-19. If you cannot attend the City Council meeting and would like to comment, they must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com by Monday before the meeting at 4:00 pm. Please keep in mind these are formal communications to the governing body and will be read into the record.
If you have concerns or questions regarding an item on the agenda, you are always welcome to reach out to the presenting staff members, council members (http://rawlinswy.org/178/City-Council), or Mira Miller, Community Relations Coordinator at 307-328-4500 ext. 1022.
Comments made on Facebook or other social media before or during the meetings are not an official way of communicating with the governing body. We do not consistently monitor Facebook comments on the live stream of the meeting, except to check on the sound levels or for other technical issues.
Rawlins City Council meetings are held every first and third Tuesday of each month at 7:30p. Work sessions are often held beforehand, typically at 6:00 pm.