The City of Rawlins will be making the following changes to our operations beginning on Thursday, November 19th in an effort to keep staff and citizens as healthy as possible. This is based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). These changes will be in effect until at least December 4, 2020.
1. City Facilities will be open by appointment only. All services will be taking place as normal.
- ALWAYS CALL OR TEXT 911 IN AN EMERGENCY.
- For Finance and Utility Billing, call 307-328-4500 and press 1.
- For City Manager, Clerk, Human Resources, or Community Relations, call 307-328-4500 and press 2.
- For Rawlins Municipal Court, call 307-328-4535.
- For Rawlins City Attorney, call 307-328-4515.
- For Public Works and Community Development, call 307-328-4599.
- For the Rawlins Police Department and Code Enforcement, call 307-328-4530.
- For the Rawlins Rochelle Animal Shelter, call 307-328-4534
- For the Rawlins Fire Department, call 307-328-4596.
- For Rawlins DDA/Main Street, call 307-328-2099.
- For the Rawlins Family Recreation Center and Indoor Shooting Range,
- Appointments can be made by calling 307-324-7529 or by visiting rawlinswy.org/SportSites
- Classes can be attended by appointment.
- Jr. Jazz is postponed, but may resume December 7th.
- For the Rochelle Ranch Golf Course, call 307-324-7121.
2. Limited functions will remain open outside of appointments. We ask if you are sick in any way, do not attend in person.
- Emergency “911” will continue as customary.
- The front lobby of the Police Department at 215 5th Street will continue to be open 24/7.
- Municipal Court will take place as scheduled.
- The CATS Bus will run as scheduled.
- The Recycling Center and Landfill will remain open. Please do not enter the scale house at the landfill.
- The Historic Depot is available for rent. It will be cleaned thoroughly after each rental.
- All public meetings will be open to the public.
- Rawlins City Council meetings are open to the public. All City Council meetings and work sessions are broadcast on Channel 191 (Spectrum) and Facebook Live. All documentation is available at rawlinswy.org/BoardDocs. If you would like to make a statement to Council you are welcome to attend or they can be submitted by 8:00 the morning of the meeting to email@example.com
3. Please remember the convenient payment methods available:
- Water Bills can be paid by check or cash in the dropbox in the alley behind City Hall, by check or card by calling 307-324-4501, or online through Xpress Bill Pay. Visit rawlinswy.org and select online payments to get set-up.
- Municipal Court Fines can be paid by cash or check in the dropbox in the alley behind City Hall, paid by exact cash or check to Dispatch in the Police Department lobby, or by card by calling 307-328-4535.
- Community Development payments, such as permits, can be paid via card by calling Public Works at 307-328-4599 or by appointment.
In accordance with Carbon County Public Health Officer Health Order 2020-03, any person who is inside must also wear a mask. Masks are available upon request.
For more information, please contact Mira Miller, City of Rawlins Community Relations Coordinator, at 307-328-4500 ext. 1022 or firstname.lastname@example.org.